Today’s global economy requires products to be shipped around the world, a process that increases demand for durable and sustainable packaging. Not only should packaging be strong and long-lasting it should also be light-weight to minimize cost.
ITC Engineering Services, Inc. offers transit testing to evaluate the suitability of customer packaging. This allows our customers to know the suitability of their packaging material and concept for a given product weight and geometry, well ahead of time.
ITC Engineering performs testing to a variety of ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) procedures including:
- ISTA 1 Series: Non-Simulation Integrity Performance Tests
Not designed to simulate environmental occurrences. Useful as screening tests.
- ISTA 2 Series: Partial Simulation Performance Tests
The basic elements of a 1 Series Test with at least one element of a 3 Series Type
- ISTA 3 Series: General Simulation Performance Tests
Simulation of the damage-producing motions, forces, conditions, and sequences of transport environments.
- ISTA 7 Series: Development Tests
Used in the development of transport packages. They can be used to compare the relative performance of two or more container designs.
These procedures challenge package to withstand:
- Environmental stresses such as temperature, humidity
- Physical stresses such as drops, compression and